The Second All-Russian academic conference “Mathematical Talent and Mathematical Education” will take place at Adyghe State University in Maykop (Republic of Adygea, Russian Federation) on December 18-22, 2018.
The deadline for paper submissions and registration has been extended till December 9.
The conference is dedicated to the 20th anniversary of the Regional School of Natural Sciences and Mathematics, a leading center in working with mathematically gifted children. The current conference will be dedicated to the discussion of a wide range of problems connected to finding and supporting talented children as well as more advanced math preparation of school and university students.
The organizing committee invites:
- scientists and researchers in the fields of pedagogy and psychology of mathematical giftedness;
- specialists in teaching advanced mathematics to gifted school children;
- specialists in popularization of mathematics;
- specialists in using information and distance learning technologies in teaching advanced mathematics;
- specialists in organizing students’ research work in mathematics;
- specialists in organizing mathematical education;
- teachers and instructors;
- graduate and undergraduate students.
Adyghe State University
Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology (State University)
Caucasus Mathematical Center
Phystech School of Applied Mathematics and Informatics
- Psychological aspects of working with mathematically gifted students;
- Assessment of mathematical talent and methods for developing mathematical skills in gifted school and university students;
- Development of creative potential of a mathematically gifted child;
- Theoretical and methodological problems of advanced math education;
- Development of students’ math skills in the context of higher education;
- Role of advanced problems in mathematics in the formation of a creative personality;
- Preparation techniques for math Olympiads and competitions;
- Mathematical component in preparing school children for non-math Olympiads;
- Mathematical tournaments, Olympiads, and competitions;
- Specifics of mathematical education of school children in specialized classes and schools;
- Specifics of a personality-oriented teaching in specialized math classes;
- National traditions in advanced math preparation of school and university students;
- Research and project activities in the system of math education;
- Popularization of math among children, youth, and adults;
- Improving the quality of teachers’ professional development for working with gifted children;
- Bachelor’s and Master’s programs preparing specialists in working with mathematically gifted children;
- Information and communication technologies in the system of advanced math education;
- Regional models and organizational forms for finding and supporting mathematically gifted children and youth;
- History of mathematics and math education.
A trip to the Western Caucasus and to the National Museum of the Republic of Adygea will be organized for the conference participants.
Conference participants can stay in Maykop hotels located in the downtown area, close to the main building of the Adyghe State University. It is also possible to stay in the dormitory of the Maykop State College for Humanities and Technology. The list of hotels recommended by the organizing committee can be found on the accommodation page. There, you can find the prices and the websites for the hotels. The organizing committee is ready to help participants with booking hotel rooms. Booking requests can be sent to the organizing committee at email@example.com.
5 9, 2018 – deadline to register;
5 9, 2018 – deadline to submit papers;
7 9, 2018 – deadline for reviewing papers;
December 18, 2018 – conference participants arrive;
December 19,20,22, 2018 – conference sessions;
December 21, 2018 – trip to the Western Caucasus;
December 22, 2018 – conference participants depart.
phone: +7 (8772) 59-37-34; Elena Meretukova
cell phone: +7 (906) 438-01-32; Oksana Malkhozheva